July 15, 2012

Crazy for Canada


Well guys I made it back from Toronto late last night and I could not wait to tell you all about my trip! I took tons of pictures but I decided to show you guys pictures of things I loved about Toronto and Canada in general.

Great Views 

It was pretty evident once my Mother and I crossed the boarder that Canada was going to be beautiful. Any time I travel somewhere new I always check and see if the city has a hop on hop off tour and lucky me Toronto has one! I use the tour as a way to see the city (sitting down) and get great pictures. Toronto's hop on hop off tour offered a great boat tour which was a highlight.  I recommend the sightseeing tour to anyone unfamiliar with Toronto but I will warn you that the tour bus drivers move through the sights a bit fast so you have to be quick with your camera. 
Left to Right: The CN Tower, Toronto Harbor, Dundas Square

Yummy Food 

You guys know how much I love food and Toronto totally delivers in the food department.  I would love to visit Toronto again just to try more restaurants. I had some wonderful seafood and fresh fruit and veggies. I took pictures of all my meals but these were my favorites.  

Top Left: Crab Salad Sandwich Bottom Left: Caesar Salad (yes a normal simple dish but when done right it can be amazing!) Top Right: Salmon and Sun-dried Tomato Risotto Bottom Right: Crab Ravioli

St. Lawrence Market 

St. Lawrence Market was by far my favorite place in Toronto. I am so bummed I was not in the city on the weekend to see the Farmer's Market. St. Lawrence Market offered millions (yes millions) of fresh products ranging from cupcakes to seafood to wine. I loved the market so much I had to vist twice! St. Lawrence Market is a must do for anyone visiting Toronto.  
  

Roaming Around 

I stated before that I was in Toronto during the week so this could be different on the weekends but I felt like Toronto was an easy city to navigate. I used my cell phone most of the time whenever I was in an unfamiliar area and I felt like I could stop and check street signs freely without feeling rushed by locals passing by. I also felt like I could stop on the street and take pictures without feeling like everyone around me was aware that I was a tourist. People in Toronto seemed kind and carefree and I really enjoyed that. 

 Niagara Falls 

I feel like Niagara Falls speaks for itself. I took over 50 pictures of this breathtaking wonder of the world and I just can't  seem to find one that really shows how truly amazing it is. 

Maid of the Mist 

Now I said St. Lawrence Market was my favorite thing in Toronto however the Maid of the Mist was my favorite thing in Canada! I can not think of a single reason why someone would not take this opportunity if they have it. I mean under 20 dollars to get an up close and personal experience with the Falls! My clothing did not get wet because I was wearing a spiffy blue pancho but my legs and face were soaked. It is important to know that the you go directly in front of the falls so make sure to cover anything you dont want soaked. I did not take many pictures while on the boat because I was afraid to get my camera wet however my mom and several people around me kept their cameras out. 

Outfit Round Up 


Left To Right:
Shirt- Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Michael Kors (my mom's)
Shoes: Guess
Hat: Target

Dress: Forever 21
Belt: old 
Head Wrap: H&M 
Shoes: Toms 

Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Guess 
Sunglasses: Target

Shirt: H&M
Jeans: H&M
Cami: Forever 21
Shoes: Toms 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...