December 12, 2011

11 of 2011

#04. Dubstep Went Mainstream 
I am well aware that Dubstep is not a "new thing" but before 2011 it was pretty much an underground thing. I became familiar with Dubstep while watching a British television show called Skins a few years ago. 
This is an example of what Dubstep sounds like 
(Excision and Datsik - Guess I Got My Swagger Back)
Traditional Dubstep is not for everyone but back in 2009 Britney Spears brought Dubstep to Pop music. 
(Freakshow- Britney Spears )
Here are a few songs from 2011 that feature Dubstep 
(Red lipstick- Rihanna)

(Dub on the Track- Cher Lloyd)

And the most popular mainstream use of Dubstep
(Who Gone Stop Me- Jay-Z and Kanye West)
And the best thing about Dubstep it can take a song I hated and make me love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...